What I use
Shout out to Wes Bos for the idea of this page, a living document that contains the list of softwares or hardwares I use.
Terminal + Editor
- For terminal I use Fish mainly for its great autocomplete feature andZSH.
- Visual Studio Code has been my editor for a few years now.
- I frequently change my editor's theme. Currently it's set to Monokai Pro (Filter Machine). Sometimes to get some light, I try Github Plus.
- I have a bunch of extensions installed.
- The font I code in is Fira Code.
Apps & Services
- I use primarily Netlify for hosting web-application or PWAs. But according to need, I also switch to Heroku or Firebase for data-driven / fullstack app, or sometimes Surge.sh for static site deployment. This website is deployed viaVercel, a great solution for SSR problem for ReactJS Applications.
- Metatags.io to generate useful meta-tags quickly.
- I use Compresspng for compressing png images quickly.
- We use Skype for official communication.
- I use Chrome as my default browser for synced history across all my devices. I use Firefox when multiple session related things need to be checked or developed. Check on Safari only to resolve -webkit related issues.
- YouTube and Amazon Music for my listening habit.
- Githubfor revision control. (also for CI/CD integration)
- PhotoShop for modification or creation of app or website Logos/ Dribbble shots, splash screens (of PWA) and other graphics manipulation related task.
- FlatIcon,Feather Icons,Ionicons for free icons.
- Postman and Insomnia (for quick tests) for backend/API testing.
- Gulp task automation tools i.e. pug, scss, js compilation, minification, bundling etc. for plain website development project